What Are The Desired Outcomes?
- Improved student achievement
- Improved teacher performance
- Increase in teacher retention
- Establishing a pipeline of strong teachers, leaders, mentors and coaches
Evaluation and tracking is a key component of the Quality Education for All Fund. How will we know that the Quality Education for All Fund is successful?
- Student achievement. Although the academic standards and standardized test that Florida students take is changing from the FCAT 2.0 (in 2013-14) to the Florida Standards Assessment (starting in 2014-15), the partner organizations are committed to tracking student achievement in the 36 DTO schools. Their achievement will be compared with demographically similar schools across the state to see if students are increasing their achievement more quickly.
- School culture. A yearly survey given by Duval County Public Schools will assess teacher and leader perceptions about the culture inside their schools.
As results become available, they will be posted here.